Sunday, February 5, 2017

Apple Puffy Pancake

Hey Foodies! Superbowl Sunday Funday. What a way to start off this epic holiday of food and football than with something hot, really easy and delish. For today's food adventure, I present for your dining pleasure.. the Apple Puffy Pancake.

I start out by melting 1 tablespoon of butter and grease up 1 cake pan so I have something to pour my batter into. Next you will need...

2 tablespoons of butter
2 large eggs
1 apple chopped
1/2 cup of bread flour because that's all we have =)
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons or brown sugar.
1 teaspoon of cinnamon. 

If you're making this for two, double the recipe.

NOTE : Try not to confuse with cloves or cumin otherwise it might get a bit strange.
Beat those damn eggs! With a whisk mix ingredients do not overbeat. Then pour into cake pan.


Bake 25-30 minutes until pancake is puffy and a golden brown.  And that is why I love this dish so much because its just that easy and tastes so good. The original recipe I got from the Betty Crocker Cook book but I kind of bastardized the recipe to suit my own personal preference. I like to serve with a fat side of bacon to give the sweet a little salty. Good stuff, with a hot cup of black coffee there is nothing finer. 

I love this book!

Tony Rating :4.0
Sandys Rating 4.5

Our commentary :

I think this dish is the bomb, To me, it tastes like a fresh German pastry. Fantastic! So many flavors. Eggy and fluffy and oh so good. I do not make this often enough. 

This is a real treat for breakfast.  It's like apple pie-custard-croissant blend.  And it looks like a crown on the plate!  Delish! - Sandy

Cost to make 1:
2 eggs  $0.25
2 Tablespoons of butter $0.40
1/2 cup of bread flour $0.25
1/2 cup of milk $0.25
1 apple $1.00

Total = about $2.15 for 2 people with a little added for any spices/sugars you need to stock

The cinnamon and brown sugar we had, so that did not cost us anything. Eggs, milk and flour are things we regularly stock and cost is based on rough estimates. The most expensive item was the apple. Until next time my friends. All men must dine. ~Tony


No comments:

Post a Comment