Sunday, August 27, 2017

Beer Battered Talapia

Hey foodies. Food Mis-Adventure time again.Tonight's experiment is Beer Battered Tilapia.


For starters, get your oil set to a medium high heat. We are going to flash fry it without burning the house down. In the meantime get:

6 Talapia fillets cut in half.
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 bottle of your least favorite beer.
A couple of limes
Salt and pepper
Tartar sauce for dipping.


Make batter by mixing 1/2 cup of flour with your beer. The beer's carbonation makes the batter light and crisp.

Oh, dear god! I have screwed the pooch on this one. Me and my infinite wisdom decided to add more crushed black pepper and the cap fell off, burying my dish in black pepper. Well, if anything it will be spicy and have an interesting color.





The oil is ready. Drop and pop. Dip the fish finger fillet  in your batter. It cooks super-fast. When it floats to the top, its done. Check with tongs to make sure both sides are lightly browned and crispy. Let's Eat!!


Tony's Rating: 3.0
I am giving myself a low rating because of the execution. Still, the fish was really good, despite my best attempts to sabotage the dinner.

Sandy's Rating:  3.75
I didn't really notice the black pepper.  The color of the batter was a little darker than usual, and there was a subtle heat to it, but it tasted great.



No comments:

Post a Comment