Sunday, October 22, 2017

Chicken, Herb and Goat Cheese Wantons

Hey Foodies! Its Food Adventure Time again! Tired of the same old shit? Yeah, me too. We are going to mix it up a bit and try something new. This week's science experiment is...

                                       Chicken, Herb and Goat Cheese Wontons


I saw these wanton noodles at Publix and they peaked my interest. It said you can use them for Ravioli, Tortellini, Crab Rangoon and Wontons. Sounds good enough for me, but let's put a twist on it. Super easy to make. Thing you will need:

1 Chicken breast
1 pack of wonton wraps
Oil for frying
fresh herbs
1  8 oz pack of goat cheese.

Preheat your oil over a medium-high heat. We want to get the oil super-hot. Once it starts smoking, it's ready. In the mean time, make up your wontons. It is a bit tedious, like making meatballs, but the reward is worth the trouble.

I grilled my chicken breast on my trusty George Foreman grill. I love that thing. I use it all the time, for everything. Once it was cooked, I cut it up into cubes so I could break it up and stuff my noodles with it.


I used a butter knife to spread my goat cheese in the wonton. You want about 3/4 chicken and 1/4 goat cheese ratio. Sprinkle some fresh herbs from the garden on there, and you are ready to get folding. This is the part that takes the most time. Get a friend to help with the assembly line. Some drinks in the kitchen help, too.



My oil is starting to smoke. Time to flash fry these bitches. It takes about 5 seconds in the fryer. Use tongs to make sure both sides are evenly cooked. But, be quick about it. Don't want to burn these bad boys. And, please be careful doing these. Do not try this at home. ;)


Food is done. Time to eat. I made a honey mustard sauce for dipping.


Tony's Rating : 5.0 Pure Dynamite! It was like a party in your mouth. The  Wontons were puffy and crunchy, but still a little chewy, too. Delightful. The grilled chicken tasted like a chicken Rangoon nugget. Crazy good. I made a huge plate of these things, and me and the old lady scarfed 'em down like nobody's business. Can't wait to try again with Crab, Pork or Shrimp. Good Shit!

Sandys Rating:  4.5 stars

These were excellent.  The only thing I regret is that we forgot the green onions!  The chicken, goat cheese and fresh herb combo was excellent.  And the wontons were cooked perfectly.  I can imagine these cooked so many different ways now.  Dessert wontons....mmmm.

Until next time my friends. All men must dine!






No comments:

Post a Comment